EAMC-Lanier is a 115-bed hospital that includes 88 acute-care beds, a 17-bed Acute Rehabilitation Unit, and a 10-bed Detox Unit. The campus also has a 103-bed Nursing Home that is attached to the hospital. Located in Valley, Alabama, EAMC-Lanier opened in 1950 as the George H. Lanier Memorial Hospital. It was the first U.S. hospital to be built under the Hill-Burton Hospital Survey and Construction Act.
In September 2013, Lanier signed an agreement with East Alabama Medical Center (EAMC) in Opelika, and EAMC now manages both facilities. EAMC-Lanier is a combined entity with East Alabama Medical Center and is committed to providing high quality, compassionate health care to residents of Chambers County and the Chattahoochee Valley. Together, EAMC and EAMC-Lanier serve eight counties in east Alabama and west Georgia, and strive to be national leaders in quality, cost and service.
EAMC and EAMC-Lanier are both fully accredited by The Joint Commission.